When you call for HVAC service, it’s important to be specific about what you need. The more detail you can give, the more quickly your technician will be able to provide the right service for your system. How do you know what details are important? Here are a few HVAC test questions to ask in advance of your call to help you figure out what you need.
- What’s the problem? The most basic question, it’s also the most important. Maybe there’s no air coming from your system. Maybe there’s air — but not the hot or cold air it should be. Maybe your system takes forever to get your home to its ideal temperature. Maybe it uses too much energy or causes temperature disparity. Maybe it won’t turn on at all. Understanding the problem is the first step in communicating with your HVAC technician.
- How old is the system? This will help determine if it’s worthwhile to fix the problem or if you should get a new system. If your unit is more than 10 or 12 years old, it might be better to invest in a newer, more efficient model.
- When did you last change your air filter? If your filter gets clogged, it can cause a number of problems, from low airflow to excess energy usage. It can also wear out your system, causing it to break down more frequently. Change your filter every three to six months to maintain ideal airflow.
- What are your thermostat settings? A number of HVAC problems can be resolved by optimizing your thermostat settings to help reduce energy usage while still hitting your ideal comfort level. It may benefit you to invest in a smart thermostat to help you manage your home comfort more efficiently.
- When was your last maintenance visit? The unit should be serviced annually. If it’s been awhile since you’ve had your tuneup, then the problem may be a result of system degradation over time.
Once you’ve asked your HVAC test questions, the best place to find the answers is Hansberger Refrigeration and Electric Company. We keep Yuma comfortable all year.