Like your car or any other complex system, the HVAC equipment in your Yuma home or business needs frequent maintenance to stay operating at its best. Though scheduling preventive maintenance as needed is a viable solution, it can be easy to forget or postpone the appointment, leaving your HVAC system vulnerable to wear and damage. By purchasing an HVAC maintenance contract, you can make sure your air conditioning and heating equipment receives the care it needs when it needs it.
The Benefits of an HVAC Maintenance Contract
For a small recurring fee, an HVAC maintenance contract can provide a host of great benefits for your home or business:
- Improved comfort. When your heating and cooling equipment is properly cared for, it can provide more consistent temperatures, better humidity control, and improved indoor air quality.
- Higher reliability. With frequent maintenance, problems can be found earlier, leading to fewer breakdowns, higher reliability, and improved performance.
- Lower utility cost. An HVAC system that is properly serviced will use less energy, keeping your utility costs as low as possible.
- Longer equipment life. A system that is properly maintained will tend to last longer than those that have only sporadic maintenance performed.
- Extra benefits. Depending on your HVAC contractor, your HVAC maintenance contract may include additional benefits like service reminders, priority scheduling, and exclusive discounts.
What an HVAC Maintenance Contract Includes
A typical HVAC maintenance contract will include at least one service visit a year, though most offer both spring and fall visits to ensure your system is ready for the summer and winter seasons, respectively. The service visit will include things such as:
- A full system inspection
- Checking the air filters
- Checking AC coils and refrigerant levels
- Inspecting furnace burners and flues
- Testing the thermostat and controls
- Inspecting wiring terminals and contacts
- Measuring airflow, temperature, and motor currents
As crucial as preventive maintenance is to the performance of your HVAC system, it is important to choose an HVAC maintenance contract from a trusted, reliable provider, such as our team at Hansberger Refrigeration and Electric Company. Contact us today to sign up!